Psi = Psionic
- Psionics refers to the practice, study, or psychic ability of using the mind to induce paranormal phenomena. Examples of this include telepathy, telekinesis, and other workings of the outside world through the psyche. – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psionics
- – Psionics sounds like an active ability. Such as, When manipulating energy, you are practicing psionics.
Psy = Psychic
- “of the mind, mental” some times spelled phycics) is a person who possesses an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extra-sensory perception (ESP), or who is said by others to have such abilities. – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic
- – Psychic just sounds like a perception; like a sixth sense. This seems more passive than Psionics, imo. Like it’s automatic.
- Mental or psychic energy[clarification needed] or activity is the concept[who?] of a principle of activity powering the operation of the mind or psyche. Many modern psychologists or neuroscientists would equate it with increased metabolism in neurons of the brain. – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_(psychological)
- EnergyIn physics, the basic idea of energy is the capacity of a physical system to do “work,” the product of a force times the distance through which that force acts. – http://www.skepdic.com/energy.html
- Qì (also chi or ch’i) is an active principle forming part of any living thing. Qi is frequently translated as _life energy_, _lifeforce_, or energy flow. Qi is the central underlying principle in traditional Chinese medicine and martial arts. The literal translation of “qi” is _breath, air, or gas_.
- Prana In Vedantic philosophy, prana is the notion of a vital, life-sustaining force of living beings and vital energy, comparable to the Chinese notion of Qi.
- A preternatural predatory creature in apparent human form that thrives off of the resources of others in a way that weakens or kills them. – The Science of Vampires, by Kathrine Ramsland
- A human who, along with other normal human needs, requires to take the Blood and/or Life Force Energy from others, other living things or outside themself in order to maintain a comfortable and smooth-functioning state of being (physiological, psychological and physical health as some claims go).
So, while I prefer it, “psychic” doesn’t seem to work. Sure, vampires might be more perceptive of the world, physically and subtly around them, like in being able to perceive the energy they feed on, but vampires do more than perceive it, they need it. They must actively take it.
So, “psionic” then? Sounds to me to be close. Though is feeding really a “paranormal” phenomena?
“Energy” and “Prana” appear to be about the same thing.
– From what I gather, Psi/Psionic or Energy/Pranic Vampire seems about right, or as close as I can figure for now, as a description/title/label.
This quick little write-up was something I thought of just a couple of minutes ago. Of course, I can’t dictate what words someone does or does not use, and no worries I won’t try to. I personally have been using “Psy” for years and have been watching many (at least recently) using “Psi”. – Never really bothered me, nor does it now I just, today, decided to as “Why”?
Well whether these considerations have ever been shared or not, I’ve sought to answer my own question and hopefully provide a suggestion to consider if/when individuals and/or groups within the community attempt for any sort of unification, at least in terminology.